Crossing the line...

My life pertaining to the Alamo.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a native Floridian with a passion for the history and popular culture of The Alamo.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Recuerdo El Alamo

My life pertaining to the Alamo...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Dillon1836/DSC00005.jpg

That is my house in Florida. It's been in my family for over 50 years and almost 2 years ago was about to be condemned, because my uncle couldn't pay the bills. But my father, Allen, came to the rescue and put the money forward to renovate it. And so we did, tremendously. We added a whole new part of the house, where the hexagonal window is, sheet rocked the walls, added tile flooring, shakoed the outside, and added the Alamo hump. I helped design the hump after our contractor couldn't quite get it right. But me and my father, with my brother not caring much, decided to put the hump atop, because of our love of the story.

The only annoying things is it's nickname. "Taco Bell."

~ Wade Dillon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home