Crossing the line...

My life pertaining to the Alamo.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I'm a native Floridian with a passion for the history and popular culture of The Alamo.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Welcoming in the New Year...

Well, it's the first day of 2005. I can't believe how fast last year went by. Especially with everything going on. School, the Alamo film premiere, etc.

The other day I got an email from Alamo Historian Rod Timanus and it seems the both of us share the same birthday. September 29th. So that was awesome to hear.

Anyway, I celebrated 2005 with a bang. Not really Alamo related, but I hung out with my friends at a "fandango" last night and over 100 people were there. Rockets were fired, a local band played music, and then the cops came and everyone "retreated" to their cars and friends houses. Reminds me of when the Mexicans arrived in bejar on February 24th. lol But I had a great time with my friends and am ready to have a successful year.

School starts again on the 3rd, this Monday, so I have 2 more days of vacation left. I'll be going back to the books and my friends and the girls (lol) and will continue my sophomore year. This month, the cover of our school newspaper which was designed by me will appear and it'll be another proud moment as it is my work that is being published. But nothing comes to feeling as good as when my piece of General Manuel Castrillon appeared in last month's Alamo Journal. I'm glad to see where my talents and hobbies are taking me.

Until my next submittion...

~Wade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home